This new year brings a great relief to the Cloud Native Developers. Today we are pleased to announce gopaddle v4.0 release. This is a major release from gopaddle as we have extended the platform to address the developer needs right from the microservice transition to maintenance, in a simple, yet powerful fashion.
- Refactoring Applications: Most often the barrier to modernization is refactoring the existing infrastructure oriented and monolithic application to Cloud Native architecture. Every application is unique and the team dynamics in every organizaton is unique. Thus the strategy to refactor the application has to be crafted to suite the application and the organization.
- Cultural Shift : Once the strategy is streamlined, developers need to acquire new skills to build & package their modules as Containers & deploy their modules on Kubernetes.
- Maintaining YAML files & Separation of Concern : One of the biggest challenges in modernization today is to write and maintain thousands of lines of YAML code.When it comes to maintaining these YAML files, GitOps is fairly a popular methodology to centrally manage these Kubernetes YAML files, but is inadequate for large distributed teams where DevOps responsibilities are shared across the teams.
- Dependency Management : When the number services increase, and when the deployments need to be maintained for a longer period of time, dependency management and change tracking becomes even more critical. Making a change to a service can result in a ripple effect and can lead to application downtime.
- Service/Cluster Sprawl : Similarly, when the number of services and environments increase, it can lead to service or a cluster sprawl.
How gopaddle helps ?
gopaddle is a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) platform to build, deploy and maintain Cloud Native Applications. With this new release, we have introduced tools and features that not only reduce the barriers to entry, but also ease the Day-2 operation and maintenance.
- Sail: Migration Service (Alpha Version)
- Migrate Linux Processes to Docker Containers
- Available as Open Source https://github.com/gopaddle-io/sail
- Configurator : ConfigMap Management Controller
- Version Control ConfigMaps
- Keep ConfigMaps and Secrets in Sync with Deployments and Stateful Sets for rollouts and rollbacks
- Available as Open Source https://github.com/gopaddle-io/configurator
- Deck : Container Build Service
- Use Kubernetes environments to build Docker Images
- Convert Source Code to Docker Images without writing Dockerfiles
- Propeller : Kubernetes Deployment Service
- No Code/YAML Free Service to build and deploy complex Kubernetes Deployments
- Create reusable Application templates
- Centrally Manage Applications across different Kubernetes Environments, ideal for Edge deployments
- Simplifies Day 2 Operations with the production grade capabilities built in to the system – like Ingress, LoadBalancer, Domain & TLS support, Network Access control , Logging, Monitoring, Alerting etc.
- Gear : Multi/Hybrid-Cloud Kubernetes Management Service
- Provision managed Kubernetes environments across popular Cloud Platforms like AWS, Google & Azure
- Use pre-existing on-premise Kubernetes Clusters for build and deployment
Capabilities & Use cases
With this new release, you can perform :
- Speed up the moderization effort as the Docker and Kubernetes artifacts are automatically generated.
- Automate end to end Build and Release automation including CI/CD automation
- Multi-Cloud and Edge management from a central dashboard.
- Reduce the risk of misconfiguration and/or overlooking YAML changes with the help of granular version control for Kubernetes artifacts.
We are committed to making this platform Developer friendly and to removing any frictions or obstacles in modernizing the applications.
Apart from the product capabilities, we offer Cloud Native Transformation Consulting to analyse your application architecture and suggest a transformation strategy.
Do you want to schedule a call with us to see if gopaddle works for your application stack ? Contact us today !